It is the mission of the Shiawassee Scholars program to provide academically talented high school students the opportunities, resources and support to reach their full potential.
The Shiawassee Scholars program will provide the resources and support to:
- Pursue their intellectual curiosity
- Apply for a competitive scholarship to explore a field of interest they are enthusiastic about
- Develop a level of comfort and acceptance of their intelligence
- Recognize academic, personal or social challenges and develop strategies to overcome them
- Earn a GPA of 3.7 or above
- Excel in honors or advanced placement courses
- Earn acceptance to and attend a distinguished university or college
The Shiawassee Scholars Program requires a student be enrolled full-time at a public high school in Shiawassee County. Scholars are selected based on their SAT reading and math score in their 8th grade year.
As a Shiawassee Scholar you may request a scholarship that offers academically talented students an opportunity to further explore a career path or advanced study in a particular discipline. For more information please see the forms section of the Shiawassee Scholars page.
The Scholars program began in 1999. The Shiawassee Scholars Class of 2026 brings the total number of recognized Scholars to 1,160!
A Collaborative Recognition Program
Shiawassee Scholars is a collaborative recognition program of the Shiawassee RESD and The Cook Family Foundation.