Play to Learn Playgroups
Birth to 5 Years Playgroups
Playgroups are an ideal place for children age birth to five to learn and develop through play and for parents and caregivers to build friendships, exchange parenting information, and learn to work together.
What can playgroups offer your child?
- Social Skills
- Self confidence
- Simple rules and routines
- Local friends
- Creative play and problem solving
- A chance to play and learn in small groups before entering school
What can playgroups offer parents and caregivers?
- A chance to share experiences and ideas with other parents and caregivers
- Provides a time to talk to other adults
- Creates a support network
- An opportunity to play and learn with your child
- Enables you to become part of your local community
- Learn information about your child's development
- Parenting resources and information