Substitute Teaching Information
Shiawassee County School Districts have contracted with EDUStaff, to hire qualified Substitute Teachers.
This includes all the following school districts:
- Byron Area School
- Corunna Public Schools
- Durand Area Schools
- Laingsburg Community School
- Morrice Area Schools
- New Lothrop Area Schools
- Owosso Public Schools
- Perry Public Schools
- Shiawassee RESD Special Education Programs.
Substitute Teacher Requirements
- Current Michigan Teaching Certificate.
- Expired Michigan Teaching Certificate.
- 60+ credit hours from an accredited community college, or an accredited college or university with no less than a 2.0 GPA verified with official transcripts (acceptance of this minimum is at the discretion of each individual school district).
Substitute Teacher Sub Permit
- Note: Requires a $45.00 substitute teaching permit applied for by EDUStaff
- Out of State Teaching Certificate with transcripts showing 60+ credit hours from an accredited community college, or an accredited college or university with no less than a 2.0 GPA.
- Anyone working in a K-12 setting must be fingerprinted and pass a criminal history background check.
The State of Michigan, requires all individuals regularly providing instructional services to students to be electronically printed under the SE – MI SCHOOL EMPLOYMENT (MCL 380.1230a) reason code.
For K-12 positions, if previously fingerprinted for MI School Employment, your fingerprint results must meet the following requirements in order to be valid:
- Fingerprints were taken after January 1, 2006.
- You have been regularly and continuously employed by a K-12 educational institution or its 3rd party staffing company since being printed
If you have questions please contact the SRESD,
Jody Frank at firstname.lastname@example.org or 989-743-3471, OR EDUStaff at 877-974-6338.