Shiawassee County Common Calendar Agreement 2019-2024
Start date for all Shiawassee county students will coincide with the first day of Fall semester classes for Lansing Community College. For 2019-2020, August 22, 2019. For 2020-2021, August 21, 2020. For 2021-22, tentatively August 19, 2021. Dates for 2022-23 and 2023-24 will be determined at a later date. Districts that cannot take advantage of this MDE approved start date waiver due to construction projects only will begin no later than the Tuesday after Labor Day and follow the same winter and spring break protocol. For the 2021-2022 school year due to the COVID-19 pandemic complexities and needed preparation, districts that cannot start school on August 20, 2021 may begin no later than the Tuesday after Labor Day but must follow the same winter and spring break protocol. Notification of any change of start date requires notification to the SRESD Superintendent.
- The following days shall be recognized and observed as holidays: Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Good Friday and the Friday before Labor Day.
Winter Break dates will be determined in accordance with the following schedule:
When Christmas Falls on Last Day of School School Resumes Sunday December 20 January 4 Monday December 19 January 3 Tuesday December 21 January 7 Wednesday December 20 January 6 Thursday December 19 January 5 Friday December 18 January 4 Saturday December 17 January 3
- Spring break will be scheduled the last week of March unless March 31 falls on a Saturday or Sunday in which case break will be held the week before March 31.
- The following days are suggested professional development opportunities:
- Day(s) prior to first student day
- Second Wednesday in October
- November 15th
- Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving weekend
- Martin Luther King Day (3rd Monday in January)
- Friday prior to President’s Day
- Second Wednesday in March
UPDATED April 2021
A hero doesn’t necessarily have to wear a cape and tights, maybe a hero speaks up for what’s right. Maybe that hero could be you. If you see or hear something that doesn’t seem right, you can submit a confidential tip to OK2SAY. OK2SAY allows anyone to confidentially report tips on criminal activities or potential harm directed at Michigan students, school employees, or schools. Protect yourself and others by using OK2SAY. Because if you won’t, who will?